Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition Free Download PC Game
Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition Free Download is a fantasy role-playing video game developed by BioWare and published in 1998 by Interplay Entertainment. It is the first game in the Baldur’s Gate series and takes place in the Forgotten Realms, a high fantasy campaign setting, using a modified version of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (AD&D) 2nd edition rules. It was the first game to use the Infinity Engine for its graphics, with Interplay using the engine for other Forgotten Realms-licensed games, including the Icewind Dale series, as well as other licensed D&D campaign worlds such as Planescape: Torment.
The story focuses on players controlling a protagonist of their own creation who finds themselves travelling across the Sword Coast alongside a party of companions, to unravel the mystery surrounding a sudden iron crisis affecting the region and attempting to discover the culprits behind it, while uncovering dark secrets about their origins and dealing with attempts on their life. The game received critical acclaim following its release and was credited for revitalizing computer role-playing games. An expansion pack entitled Tales of the Sword Coast was released, as was a sequel entitled Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn, which later received its own expansion called Throne of Bhaal. An enhanced version of the Infinity Engine was later created as part of Beamdog’s remake, entitled Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, the first new release in the franchise in nearly nine years.
Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. Soon you discover there are other forces at work, far more sinister than you could ever imagine. Since its original release in 1998, Baldur’s Gate has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth. Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur’s Gate: includes the original Baldur’s Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion, and all-new content including three new party members.
Baldur’s Gate Free Game history:
Players conduct the game from a top-down isometric third-person perspective, creating a character for each playthrough who then travels across pre-rendered locations, taking on quests, recruiting companions to aid them, and combating enemies, while working towards completing the game’s main story. Control is done through a user interface that allows a player to move characters and give them actions to undertake, review information on on-going quests and the statistics of characters in their party, manage their inventories, organize the formation of the party, though the screen does not need to be centered on the characters being controlled and can be moved around with the mouse and keyboard, the latter also capable of accessing various player options through keyboard shortcuts. All of the gameplay mechanics were coded to conform to the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition role-playing rules, with game automatically computing the rule intricacies, including tracking statistics and dice rolling.
Although the Baldur’s Gate pc game download is conducted in real-time, some elements of the ruleset used in the coding were modified to allow it to feature a pausable real-time mode, allowing players to pause the game at any time and prepare what actions a character do, including the ability to set the game to automatically pause at preset points in combat. A new playthrough requires the player to either create a new player character (PC), or import one they exported from a previous playthrough.
Every new character requires the player to determine what their name, gender, race, class, and alignment are, and what ability scores and weapon proficiencies they have, with thieves requiring points be allocated between their thieving skills, and spellcasters having a few spells set up for them – those using priest spells have them available for use from the start, while those using wizard spells add them to their spellbook and have one primed for use at the start of a new game. New PCs can be multi-class, but must adhere to the restrictions that come from this, in accordance to the 2nd edition rules; a character who is both a cleric and a fighter, may only use weapons of the former class.
The main story is divided up into eight parts – a prologue and seven chapters – with each requiring the player to complete a specific task in order to complete it; while free exploration of the game’s world map is allowed from the outset upon completing the prologue, some areas are not accessible until the player has advanced to a specific chapter. With the exception of imported characters, all PCs begin off as weak characters from the start, but eventually grow stronger as the player explores the game’s world, completing both the major quests and the game’s large variety of side quests, killing hostile enemies, earning experience points to level up their character, finding new spells to use and new pieces of equipment to wear, and recruiting a variety of companions, each with different classes and skills, to aid them in their travels. A PC may have up to five companions travelling with them in their party, with the player free to decide whom to recruit and whom to dismiss from the party.
In Baldur’s Gate download Full Version , Upon reaching the experience threshold for their current level, defined by their class, both the PC and companions can level up, increasing their hits and occasionally improving their weapon proficiencies, with thieves provided additional points to distribute between their skills, and spellcasters gaining access to additional spell slots, sometimes gaining access to new ones for higher levels of magic. All characters are limited to a maximum number of 89,000 experience points in the game, with characters who multi-class being also affected by this cap – an elf who uses two classes may only earn half the cap in each, with experience divided equally between the two classes, while a human who dual-classed after earning a third of the cap in their base class, may only earn the other two thirds in their second class.
The main user interface of game consists of three action bars surrounding the main screen. The first bar consisting of buttons to the various options players can use, including a map of the party’s location and the world, the journal that logs all details of notable events and all on-going and completed quests, character records for each member of the party, the inventories for each character, spellbooks containing all spells available for spellcasters, a time display that also acts as the pause mechanism when clicked, and the various game options. The second bar consists of the portraits of each character currently in the party, detailing their hit points, their order, and any positive and negative effects they are experiencing, with the portrait switching from colour to greyscale when the character has died.
Game third bar provides specific actions depending on the number of characters being controlled by the player; if one is selected, the player has the ability to switch between the weapons they are using, use any spells and items set up for quick use, and utilises a character’s special abilities or those of certain pieces of equipment, but if more than one is selected, the bar displays options for conversing with or attacking NPCs, regardless of being friendly, neutral or hostile, stop what is being done, and change their formation to those available in the game.
Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition Features:
Other features that affect gameplay include:
- The ability to customise their PC after creation, albeit with some restrictions.
- The ability to change the primary and minor colours used by each character.
- The ability to switch on/off the game’s AI, and change what AI script a character uses ; one script might dictate they proceed to engage an enemy when
- spotted, while another might dictate they keep their eye out for traps.
- Most locations are hidden when first visited but are revealed as the character moves around them. A fog of war effect hides explored areas when the player’s characters move away from them.
- A reputation system that tracks the moral actions of the PC and affects how they are perceived, changing if they resolve a problem or commit a crime in the view of witnesses. Higher reputations cause shops to decrease prices, while lower reputations cause shops to increase prices. Lower reputations may also lead
- to the character being attacked when in town. Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition Free Companions are also affected by reputation, with evil companions leaving the party, even attacking it, if it is high, and good and neutral companions leaving when it is low. Some side quests also require a minimum reputation to begin. Certain NPCs may also react negatively or positively depending on their alignment and the player’s reputation.
- The ability to keep track of in-game time through the changes in lighting and the activity that is occurring. Characters become fatigued after spending a full in-game day, especially after travelling long distances between world map locations, and must rest to recover, either in an inn or camping out in the countryside/within a dungeon.
- Characters can be ambushed when camping out or travelling long distances between world map locations.
Players can play either in single-player mode, or in multiplayer mode. The latter allows up to six players to work together online with their own created
- The original Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition adventure
- Tales of the Sword Coast expansion
- New Adventure: The Black Pits
- New Characters: The Blackguard Dorn Il-Khan, Neera the Wild Mage, and Rasaad yn Bashir the Monk
- New player character voice sets
- Native support for high-resolution widescreen displays
- Over 400 improvements to the original game
- Improved multiplayer support with connectivity between all platforms
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10
- Processor: Dual Core Processor
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible
- Hard Drive: 5 GB available space
Also check Fall guys.
1.Click the “Download” button.
2. Run the installer
3.Accept the user license agreements and specify the installation path
4. The installer downloads all necessary files.
5. During the download, you must activate your version of the game with a special code: download the unique activation key
6. Enter the code in the correct place: Complete the download and install the game.